Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sparkling Dasher

Happy Tuesday!



Today I have a card to share that I made with the beautiful Dasher stamp! I just love this stamp! This card has some extra sparkle created with Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder that just makes it extra special!


I began by stamping the Dasher image on Whisper White cardstock with Soft Suede ink. I then covered this piece with Versamark and Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder and carefully heat set it. The whole piece is very sparkly and pretty. Then I matted this on Soft Suede and Real Red, added a couple of silver brads, and set it aside.


I used Holiday Lounge DSP for the background of this card. Taken with Teal is one of my favorite colors, so I love this DSP! I matted two pieces of DSP on a Soft Suede rectangle and added Real Red ribbon to hide the seam. The ribbon is wrapped to the back of the Soft Suede piece and adhered. I then chose where to place my completed Dasher piece and adhered it in place.


I punched two snowflakes from Real Red and Whisper White using the new Jumbo Snowflake punch. I covered the Whisper White snowflake with Versamark and Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heat set it. I then layered the two snowflakes together and pierced a hole in the center with my Paper Piercing Tool. I decided where on my card front I would like to place the snowflake and pierced a hole through the DSP and Soft Suede panel. I then attached the layered snowflakes using a silver brad. The final step was to adhere this entire decorated panel to my Real Red card front.


On the inside of this card, I have attached a Whisper White panel stamped with a sentiment from Many Merry Messages. Along the bottom of this panel, I have attached a strip of the Taken with Teal DSP to dress it up a bit.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!


Tammy

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it Tammy! The colors are fabulous, as are that image, your snowflakes and the sparkles...very cool!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Tammy! I love these colors in the Holiday Lounge collection! TFS!

Tanja said...

This color combo is great, too!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online