Monday, September 21, 2009

Just swimming by......


Good Morning! Well, I have decided to join the world of blogging! I feel like I'm off to a slow start here, so please be patient while I figure out how all of this works. I expect that if you stop by again in a few days or weeks, things will look different as I learn how to add all sorts of cool things to my "baby blog".



So - to get to the point today. I am in a monthly swap group with a group of friends that are scattered all over the states. What started out as a monthly swap get-together years ago has become a "by-mail" swap as most of us have relocated with our military husbands. Our swap theme for September was "sea or ocean" cards, and this is the card I dreamed up:



I am especially pleased with this card because it actually came out of my own brain! I usually CASE all of the wonderful things I see on the internet, but this one is my very own!


The images are from the Ocean Commotion stamp set from Stampin' Up! This set is no longer shown in the current catalog, but it is still available from the dormant list. The seaweed images are stamped in Green Galore ink, and the fish images are stamped in Pixie Pink and Tempting Turquoise. The seaweed sparkles with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and the fish are cut out and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the shaving cream technique to create the background paper. The ink colors I used for the technique are Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, and Brilliant Blue.


I hope you like my little creation and will come back and check up on my blog as it unfolds!


Make today a great day!


Tammy












2 comments:

Tanja said...

AWesome!!!! I'm so happy to be a proud owner of 2 of these (I gave one away) These cards are awesome!!

MJ said...

I think it looks great! Before you know it you have have way too much stuff on your sidebars and stuff. Great job. Careful it is addicting.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online