Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pretty in Gray Shadows

Hello Again!


What a beautiful day it has been here today! I have actually been able to open the windows and have a nice breeze - such a major difference from the heat and humidity we have had recently. Hopefully fall (such as it is in NW Florida) is on its way!

For inspiration today I went over to Splitcoast Stampers to check out this week's color challenge. The challenge today was to use Pretty in Pink, Going Gray, and Sage Shadow. In the description Emily mentioned that she likes to use pink in her Christmas cards. Now just this morning while I was out walking I was thinking, "How can I work some pink into some Christmas cards?" So I figured this was a sign, and I should do this challenge! Here it is!


I pulled out a Christmas set that I have had for quite awhile, Season of Joy. I really like this tree. I stamped the tree three times, once in each color, and cut them all out. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the swirls for some sparkle. I mounted them with dimensionals on a piece of Whipser White cardstock cut to 2 3/4" x 3 1/8". This was matted with Going Gray (2 7/8" x 3 1/4") and Pretty in Pink (3 1/8" x 3 1/2"). Notice that the difference in measurements from the Whisper White to the Going Gray is 1/8", while the difference between the Going Gray and the Pretty in Pink is 1/4". This creates mats of varying thickness. I like to vary the thickness of my mats to add a little visual interest to my cards.

My card base was cut lengthwise (4 1/4" x 11") and folded in half. The front of my card was stamped all over with Versamark ink using the snowflake stamp from a current level 2 hostess set called Christmas Punch. The knot tied around the bottom was created with Whisper White Organza ribbon and Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon. I layered the two pieces of ribbon together and tied them as if they were one piece. On the inside of my card, I stamped some pink snowflakes and a sentiment from Four the Holidays.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a beautiful day!

Tammy

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online