Thursday, September 24, 2009

Top Note Jack

Good Morning!


So yesterday my post ended up to be much longer than I had anticipated. I guess maybe I should have stretched that set of cards out over a couple of days! Anyway, today I just have a quick little project to share with you. Lately I have seen a lot of little pumpkin treat baskets on various blogs created with the Big Shot and the Pillowbox die. Well, I don't happen to have the Pillowbox die yet, so I decided to make a pumpkin treat box with my Top Note die instead!



This was so quick and easy to do and only required one sheet of cardstock and a few scraps! I cut one sheet of Pumpkin Pie cardstock in half (5 1/2" x 8 1/2"). I cut one of those pieces in half again and ran them through my Big Shot with the Top Note die. Then I sponged the edges of both die cuts with Pumpkin Pie ink.

For the box I used the remaining piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I cut it to 5 1/2" x 6" and followed the instructions I found here to score and fold the box (she made a purse, I omitted the top for my box). I glued it all together with Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive.

For Jack's face, I punched some scraps of Basic Black cardstock with the Photo Corner punch. I used the smaller corners to create his mouth and eyes. I then cut a 1" square and cut it in half diagonally for his nose.


For his jaunty little leaf, I ran some Old Olive cardstock through the Big Shot with the Leaves #2 die. I sponged the edges of this with Old Olive ink before attaching it to my box.


Inside my little box I have placed a small cello bag full of candy corn. Since I don't really care for candy corn, it will be safe! If I were to fill it with chocolate, I would have to refill it evey day! I tied the top of the bag with a piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.


Make today a great day!


Tammy


5 comments:

Penny G said...

Tammy, how cute is that? I think I'll make one right now. I really like your blog, and I like the samples that you've posted so far. Good luck in your new adventure!

http://pennyscreativecorner.com

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

So cute!!! love how you used what you had on hand!

Just Sponge It! said...

Great idea! Your blog looks great! Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

I love this!! Great idea!!

Lisa said...

How cute! Welcome to blogging! I love your style -- beautiful!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online